Managing the Physical and the Spiritual Body

My name is Glenda Cornelius, and for the past year and a half, I have been consumed with physical exercises and during that time, realized that if I spent the same amount (if not more) effort towards my spiritual body, it would be as strong and energized to fulfill the purposes of my life that God has planned for me.


Join me in this exercise of the physical and spiritual body.


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is."-- I John 3:2


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fighting Diabetes

Just got back from the hospital where the doctor's just performed surgery on my uncle's leg. My uncle suffers from diabetes. My dad is also diabetic, who recently underwent a heart bypass.  Diabetes can cause other serious health complications.  Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness and kidney failure among adults. It causes mild to severe nerve damage that, coupled with diabetes-related circulation problems, often leads to the loss of a leg or foot. Diabetes significantly increases the risk of heart disease.

According to doctors proper nutrition and exercise helps to win three-fourths of this battle. I recently stumbled across an article citing Rex Russell, the author of the acclaimed What the Bible Says About Healthy Living changed his life around by applying principles from the Bible. Through year's of searching for answers to his own struggle with diabetes, Dr. Rex Russell finally discovered a successful plan for healthy living: don't eat anything God didn't intend for food (e.g. avoid scavenger meats such as pork shellfish and catfish); don't become addicted to anything (i.e. do not make food your god); and ingest food before it is changed into nutrient deficient or harmful products.

I'm taking a moment to reflect on what I'm putting into my body on a daily basis. There are certain foods that are intended for human consumption and others---consumes the human body of life.

Take the time to assess what you are about to eat, and you have won half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment