Managing the Physical and the Spiritual Body

My name is Glenda Cornelius, and for the past year and a half, I have been consumed with physical exercises and during that time, realized that if I spent the same amount (if not more) effort towards my spiritual body, it would be as strong and energized to fulfill the purposes of my life that God has planned for me.


Join me in this exercise of the physical and spiritual body.


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is."-- I John 3:2


Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year in Perspective

Am sitting in my living room on the first day of 2011 and thinking about where the year went. I've mentally wrote out some of my new year resolutions. One of them is not new and one that I am proud to say I penned for myself in 2010: To become fit spiritually and physically. I've had tremendous success since I made that committment. Let me also say, that I am far from perfect but I've seen changes in my life since I made that committment.
Spiritually, I committed to reading and studying the Bible and allowing God to change me into the woman that He wants me to be. I was created for a purpose and if I do not realize my purpose then, everything I do will be unfruitful. To be godly requires discipline and what an exercise! The results, though, far outweigh the difficulties.
Physically, I committed to following a healthy diet and regular exercise (six days a week). I am happy to say that I am closer to my goal.

How was it possible? Accountability is the key. Find a partner who keeps tabs on you. :) I have family who do not let me get away with things and encourage me to keep going. And most of all, God keeps me going.
"I (and YOU) can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me!"
I am looking forward to another great year of GROWING.  Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment