Managing the Physical and the Spiritual Body

My name is Glenda Cornelius, and for the past year and a half, I have been consumed with physical exercises and during that time, realized that if I spent the same amount (if not more) effort towards my spiritual body, it would be as strong and energized to fulfill the purposes of my life that God has planned for me.


Join me in this exercise of the physical and spiritual body.


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is."-- I John 3:2


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Giant Swamp Taro

Since I began to pay attention to what I ate, I've also began to pay attention to what foods are available locally. One common staple of the Micronesians is the giant swamp taro. It's not uncommon for families to have a "taro patch" and if you don't, you can always find an abundance at the local market.   My elders (parents and grandparents) always talked about the benefits of this tuber, and I believed them but I never thought to do research---until Dr. Lois Engleberger did her study on this "famous" staple. The Giant swamp taro has been part of our family diet for years, but my siblings and I were never fans of it until later in life. My grandmother, Batsihpa knew how to cook it the way I like it, but I've acquired the taste for boiled or baked taro, thanks to my mom.
Let me share Dr. Engleberger's website on her study on the banana and the giant swamp taro--the vocabulary is "scientific" but simple enough for an average person like myself to decipher the nutrients found from the study.Further analyses on Micronesian banana, taro, breadfruit and other foods...

No comments:

Post a Comment