Managing the Physical and the Spiritual Body

My name is Glenda Cornelius, and for the past year and a half, I have been consumed with physical exercises and during that time, realized that if I spent the same amount (if not more) effort towards my spiritual body, it would be as strong and energized to fulfill the purposes of my life that God has planned for me.


Join me in this exercise of the physical and spiritual body.


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is."-- I John 3:2


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Have you had your "brown" rice today?

Today, my family made a major adjustment to our diet and switched to brown rice. I say major, because this brown girl loves her white rice :( So why the major adjustment?

Plain white rice has far less vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folacin, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, and the list goes on. Also, the dietary fiber in white rice is much less than the brown rice.

Brown Rice does take some getting used to, and because I've eaten white rice all my life, this is equivalent to "culture shock". This is where soy sauce comes in (Whooohoo, I love this condiment!)...but in moderation, of course.

In China, it is common to ask, "Have you had your rice to day?" as a friendly greeting.

Well, "HAVE YOU HAD YOUR BROWN RICE TODAY?"

No comments:

Post a Comment