Managing the Physical and the Spiritual Body

My name is Glenda Cornelius, and for the past year and a half, I have been consumed with physical exercises and during that time, realized that if I spent the same amount (if not more) effort towards my spiritual body, it would be as strong and energized to fulfill the purposes of my life that God has planned for me.


Join me in this exercise of the physical and spiritual body.


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is."-- I John 3:2


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Calories in Grilled Tuna Steaks

I've been eating a lot of tuna lately. I know it's healthy, but I haven't really looked at the details of nutrition. Well, I came across this article today and I wanted to share it. 
Calories in Grilled Tuna Steaks
By Allan Robinson

Overview
Tuna are a family of saltwater fish that primarily come from the Thunnus genus. They're fast swimmers, making their meat denser than other types of fish. This allows you to grill tuna meat in a manner similar to beef steaks.
Calories
This nutritional information applies to a grilled steak of Ahi tuna, with a serving size of about 6 oz. One serving of grilled tuna steak contains 180 calories, according to Fatsecret. This consists of 165 calories from protein and 15 calories fat from fat. The calories in a serving of grilled tuna steak provide 9 percent of the daily value for calories, based on a diet of 2,000 calories per day.

Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates
Grilled tuna steak contains 40 g of protein, which is 80 percent of the daily value for protein. It also has 1.5 g of fat, or about 2 percent of the daily value for fat. Grilled tuna steak contains no carbohydrates.
Vitamins and Minerals
Grilled tuna steak contains 65 mg of sodium per serving, or about 3 percent of the daily value for sodium. It also contains 6 percent of the daily value for iron, and 2 percent of the daily value for vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium.

1 comment: