Managing the Physical and the Spiritual Body

My name is Glenda Cornelius, and for the past year and a half, I have been consumed with physical exercises and during that time, realized that if I spent the same amount (if not more) effort towards my spiritual body, it would be as strong and energized to fulfill the purposes of my life that God has planned for me.


Join me in this exercise of the physical and spiritual body.


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is."-- I John 3:2


Friday, February 4, 2011

Kon' Kang (you wanna eat) Kang Kong?

Kang kong (Ipomoea aquatica or reptans)


Kang kong (Ipomoea aquatica or reptans) has two main varieties, one with larger leaves and stems and one with narrower leaves and stems…the latter sometimes referred to in local markets as “Chinese Kang kong.” Also known as “water spinach” – why, one wonders as it is not related to “spinach” but rather more closely related to sweet potatoes… A native to tropical India, it has spread to Southeast Asia where it thrives and has become a cheap and nutritious part of the diet.
I ate kang kong frequently in at my Nohno Batsipa’s house (where it is an essential ingredient in her FAMOUS soups) My Nohno Batsipa was an advocate of GREEN veggies and I was made to eat them.
In my house I use I sauté it with a bit of extra virgin olive oil or pure coconut oil. To make this simple side dish, I prep the leaves, heat up a large pan, add olive oil and minced garlic, the kang kong, and salt and pepper to taste. When I take it off the burner, I also drizzle a small amount of sesame seed oil. Delicioso!
I also enjoy eating kang kong at a local Chinese restaurant here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment